Search This Blog

Sunday 22 July 2012

The Joys of Scrapbooking, by Guest Writer Jody Malone, of Scraptherapy...

At the start of the month, I wrote a post about beginning scrapbooking

.http://vintagevics.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/start-scrapbooking.html 


I am however, no expert on the subject, so I asked somebody who is, to write a piece from her point of view. I respect Jody Malone, who runs Scraptherapy, as somebody who has loved scrapbooking for years and incorporates it into her life in many ways.
I am glad to say that she kindly agreed to tell us about her love of the subject and I hope it inspires you. I am sure that it will...






I love to craft. I grew up in a home where I was taught  ~if you want it, make it~ and that’s exactly how I have spent my life. From sewing to altered art, faux finishing, Tole painting and more I can use all these mediums in my scrapbooking. 

I love to collect vintage cards. There’s something about them. Maybe it’s because they were sent in love to someone in the past and that makes them so special and I just love the way they look. I can copy them and use them in my work.

 I have scrapbooked since I was little, my mother scrapbooked as well. My grandmother kept the family history on my father’s side and about a decade ago she started passing all the info to me. So the family ancestry has become my journey and I really enjoy it. I am a bit out of the box so I tend to use all sorts of items that do not come from the scrapbooking aisles.  I have been scrapbooking for a long time and I love using vintage items so that is what I search for when going to yard sales, fleas markets and more to incorporate into my work. Now there is just so much more to choose from and it’s become a passion.

Teaching classes over the years has cluttered up my little Scraptherapy studio to the point I cannot breathe in there and it has stifled my creativity. I need order to create so I had to do something about it! That’s another story I will be putting on my facebook page and hopefully my blog.

  I made a book for my husband’s football career during college back in the late 70s for a gift only to redo it  a while back so it’s on acid free papers. So there has been a lot of redoing in my world to make sure things are preserved. When my son signed up for the military back in 2002, I started a Family Military Heritage album. 

I have been honored to be published in Altered Art Magazine and Scrapbooking.com I hold a once a month Scraptherapy crop and have scrapbooked all types of books for clients and taught classes.
Here’s a list of my pages:


https://www.facebook.com/myscraptherapy
www.scraptherapy.wordpress.com
http://pinterest.com/jodylm


I would like to thank Jody so much for taking the time to write this piece for Vintage Vic. She is a lady of many talents, so her time is precious and I am thrilled that she managed to fit this in. I hope she has inspired you with your crafts.

I have placed a link on this page, to the Scraptherapy Facebook page, so you may follow Jody further, with her love for scrapbooking, crafting and all things vintage. You will find it on the left side of my blog page.

2 comments:

  1. Fab blog once more....
    What a great lady - I always admire people who can turn their hand to anything.
    Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,
    Thank you. Jody is indeed a great lady! A very nice one too. I wish I could do half the things she has mentioned!
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete